Friday, July 31, 2009

The best part of waking up...

I have been sick for about a week now and last night was the first night all week I have had a good nights sleep. So; I didn't want to get up this morning. Of course this was the morning Roo was in my room saying "MOM - it's time to get up!"

I get up and get in the shower and a few minutes later she comes in and says something about how she can't get her tanktock on (yes that is how she says tank top; it's very funny)
I poke my head out of the curtain and she has on a multi-colored stripped skirt. OK that's good. And a tanktop that has stars all over it...hmmm; not so good.

Roo is very opinionated about her wardrobe. She likes to pick out what she wants to wear and get dressed herself. Some mornings this makes me want to kill myself
This is how it went down today:

Me: Roo; go get your orange shirt that matches the skirt you have on
Roo: NO. I want to wear my tanktock
Me: But your tank top doesn't match. It has stars on it and the skirt has strips
Roo: They're not strips mom. They're lines. And my tanktock has orange in in. SEEE? It does match.
Me: No baby it doesn't, go get your orange shirt out of your drawer and put it on.
Roo (stomping out of the bathroom): Well I guess you're not my mom anymore.

Silence

(cricket, cricket, cricket)

Did she just say that to me? She's only 4!

After I got out of the shower I went to check on her and she did have the orange shirt on.

1 comment:

calicobebop said...

I love the things kids say - except when they say "you're not my mom anymore!" Yikes!

And yeah, nothing worse than enjoying a great night's rest than being woken up at the ass crack of dawn by a bright and perky little one.

Can I bottle that energy? Seriously, I need it to get through the day!