Monday, April 2, 2007

Baseball season STARTS!


Today is the official start of the 2007 Baseball season.

The Boston Red Sox are playing the Kanas City Royals and from what I am reading online the score is 1 to 1.

David Ortiz launched a double to the left-center field gap driving in Kevin Youkilis with the first Red Sox run of the season.


Curt Schilling allowed three straight singles to Mark Grudzielanek, Mark Teahen and Mike Sweeney to load the bases. After striking out rookie phenom Alex Gordon on what looked like a splitter, he went 3-2 to first baseman Ryan Shealy before what looked like a slider or a two-seam fastball for ball four. Pitching coach John Farrell even made his first in-game appearance to the mound. Schilling was able to retire Ross Gload with a pop to center.

It's 1-1, but it could have been worse.




I hate it that I can't watch the game live; I am checking online to find out any information that I can...and I have it recording at home so I can watch it tonight.


GO SOX!

No comments: