Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peace and Challenges

December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

Moment of peace? In my life? Phleeeaaassseee! I have a husband, a four year old and two dogs. AND I work full time as a Information Technology Consultant – No peace for me!

Seriously though – Hubby and Roo just left me for nine days and I was home alone so that’s about all the solitude I got this year (and it’s just fine with me). My moments of peace where some of the most hectic days. New Years Eve celebration at my house, surrounded by wonderful friends and drinking expensive champagne. Memorial Day in Washington D.C. Going to Alaska for two weeks this summer, camping in the rain. Being at my nieces 2nd birthday party…these weren’t times of solitude but they were moments of peace spent with people that I love.



December 9 Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?
2009 has not been an extremely challenging year for my family. We’ve had our ups and downs but Roo has bee healthier this year with her asthma than any other. No one close to us has died (knock on wood) I haven’t had to move and we are all still employed.

The biggest thing I have struggled with this year is my weight. I’ve never lost the weight from Roo and it’s been hard for me. This continues to be a challenge for me and hopefully I’ll have more luck in 2010. Another issue I’ve struggled with this year is getting out of debt. It’s hard work and takes a lot of effort but we are using a cash only system now. If we can’t pay cash for it, we’re not buying it! I paid off both of our cars this year so we’re moving in the right direction.

1 comment:

Heidi Renée said...

Oh my gosh, I am so looking forward to having our cars paid off! And our student loans, and our bedroom furniture... It's going to feel like such an accomplishment when that day finally comes!