Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 4

December 4 Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?
I love to read so I have a few favorite books that I love to share with others but of this year my favorite book is Daily Steps for God Chicks: The 90-Day Devotional for Real Women. I grew up going to Catholic Church and never really enjoyed it. I liked going with my friend to the Baptist church where they sang fun songs and had great food after service. I stopped going to church when I was old enough to make the decision. I went back to church while I was in basic training but other than that I never practiced a structured religion.

After Roo was born I decided that I wanted to start bringing her to church. We found a nice nondenominational church close to our house in Alaska and we went occasionally (Easter and Christmas). When we moved to VA I looked for a church and attended a few services but didn’t find anywhere that I liked.

A friend took me to her church one Sunday and it was a good fit. Roo and I attend service regularly and I was officially baptized on Mother’s Day 2009.

This book was written by Holly Wagner while she was going through treatment of breast cancer. It’s an easy read for women who are looking for a closer relationship with God and aren’t sure where to start. The daily steps are easy and really get you thinking about life and your relationship with God.

The book as touched me because it’s opened my eyes up, given my daily bible verses and devotionals. I read this book at home and haven’t bought a copy for anyone else…yet!

No comments: