Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 3

Still keeping up with The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge
December 3 Article. What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends. That you Delicious'd and reference throughout the year.

OK - I'll be honest I love to read but trying to pin point a specific article has been difficult for me.

So I cheated. It's not really an article as much as it's a news story. I'm sure you all remember the big uproar about the man carrying an assault riffle to an Obama rally. I found the different views on this news story shocking. First I want to you read to news article here.

You can clearly see in the photo that the man carrying the gun is a black man.

How watch this take from MSNBC...pretty cleaver editing they have going on there. Amazing how they make it look like a white man is carrying the gun.

First let me start by saying I support out 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. I could care less if the President is a black man or a Green man for that matter! All I care about is that he is making the best choices for our country and our military. Secondly, I think the media is very bias on their views and try to distort the truth to what fits their agenda. I hate they way they do not support our troops - when my husband was serving in Iraq he said that one of the hardest things to watch was the news because they where constantly negative about the efforts there.

I know this one can be a touchy subject and I try to stay away from politics but this is a story that stood out to me. We need to educate ourselves and our children to make their own decisions.

No comments: