Thursday, June 4, 2009

Daughters make moms crazy

On the way to work this morning I heard a news story on the radio about a mother who kidnapped her 21 year old daughters boyfriend because she didn’t want them seeing eachother.
You can find the story here

They had callers and texts coming in about what parents have done to protect their daughter from guys they didn’t think they should date. I was laughing my butt off listening to some of the calls. Mother’s will do crazy things to keep their daughter safe. One mom would sit on the porch and clean her gun when her daughter’s dates would arriver (that’ll be me!).

My mom never did anything to crazy to my boyfriends. The worst was when she would come outside to the car in her nightgown if a boy didn’t come in to see her when picking me up.
But my sister had a boy that she was dating. He was much older than her and my sister ran away with him. My mom lost her mind and tracked them down and beat the guy up. Needless to say all of the boys at school heard about this and where petrified of my mom!

I have a few more years before I have to worry about Roo and boys. Good thing; cause I don’t know how I’m going to handle it. At least I had an older sister to pave the way for me…

1 comment:

calicobebop said...

I know how you feel - raising a little girl in this world is a teensy bit scary. I'm thinking about installing a GPS tracker somewhere on her. Would that be wrong? :)