Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mother's day and gift giving


Just a reminder that Mother’s Day is Sunday. If you haven’t already you better get your ass out there and buy your mom (step-mom, wife, sister, grandmother, aunt) something for Mother’s day. She’s put up with all your shit so for one day stop being a selfish douche bag and do something nice for the mothers in your life

John never knows what to get me for any occasion and most of the time I just buy what I want and say “you bought me (fill in the blank here), thanks. I love it” I want a GPS for my car and a guy I work with has a nice one. So I look it up online, find one for a good deal and send Hubby the link stating this is what I want for Mother’s Day. Easy enough; I know he is spoiled and never has to work and struggle over what I want but the first Christmas we where together he bought me a PSP (some handheld video game) with this accessory pack that had everything ever made for this game thingy. I know it’s the thought that counts but I’d rather get stuff I actually WANT…not what he wants! He just sent me flowers for the first time this past February for my birthday, because I told him “You know; we’ve been together for over 7 years and you’ve never sent me flowers” his defense was that he brings me flowers. It’s not the same thing.

Moving on. John was surprised at my request for the GPS but other than that I haven’t heard anything about it. All I know is I’ve sent both our moms gifts and I better have my damn GPS on Sunday!

I guess I should get online and send my sister something too because I doubt her sperm donor will think of it.


No comments: