Friday, February 5, 2010

Becoming a mom makes you crazy

Does becoming a mom make you crazy? I remember when I was younger and thinking that my mom was nuts. Now I am her! Roo is having problems with two boys at school being meal to her. They’re boys – I tell her to pretend that they are invisible and if she stops reacting to them they will stop teasing her. BUT some of the shit these boys say is inappropriate; Tuesday one of the boys told Roo he was going to kill her. This is not language that we use at our house so I told her the same old story about walking away and being the bigger person. Roo can be sensitive so I spoke to the Assistant Director at her preschool about it. She talked to Roo and the boys about nice words to use with our friends.




I’ve been pretty busy with Hubby being out of town and all that. My mom called me twice on Wednesday and I was not able to answer the phone. There is a 4 hour time difference so it makes it hard to talk. Both of us work during the day and I usually answer her call when I’m at work. Wednesday I didn’t. She sent me a text saying “I’m not calling you anymore cause it’s a waste of my time” my mom never texts. Sometimes I get a photo or her or her husband for Roo but other than that she doesn’t text. I texted her back “Stop being so dramatic” I’ve called her three times since and she hasn’t answered!



Hubby has been gone for a month today but he’ll be home in two weeks! I can’t wait, I need a break. This weekend is the 2010 Polar Plunge. It’s supposed to be cold, rainy/snowy and windy…yay! Our team has raised over $3,700 for the Special Olympics.

I’ll post some photos next week.



Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: