Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm still here

I've been around but I haven't been posting. Here's a little bit of what I've been up to...

A couple weeks ago Roo and I where invited to Night at the Living Museum. It was really cool event at the Virginia Living Museum and the girls got all dressed up (as Princess Aurora and Princess Cinderella) they had arts and crafts, learning centers and of course...CANDY!

Roo is 4 and doesn't really nap anymore, even at preschool they say that she'll lay there but will rarely fall asleep. SO the Saturday of the event she fell asleep on the couch and I let her take a little nap. Obviously it wasn't long enough because I had a demon child when she had to get woken up. Let me start by saying I HATE WHINNING. It goes right through me like nails on a chalk board and most of you with little girls know-they whine. So she was being a whinny crying little brat and her dad lost the earrings for her costumes and the world was coming to and end (you get the point) I wanted to get a photo of her to send to her grandma but Roo was not cooperating.



THIS is what I got:




                                              My Crabby Cinderella

I love this photo! She was pissed at me but once we got there and she met up with her BFF it was all good and we had a great night.

Friday at work we held a United Way event to raise money. We had a hallway golf tournament. Each department had to come up with a hole. I came up with a Halloween theme because it’s so close to Halloween! I went all out on this golf hole and it won first place! My co-workers are threatening me that I’m not allowed to play in anything anymore because I always win. I’m competitive – I can’t help it. I spent Friday afternoon drinking beer and playing putt putt golf at work. Friday night a group of us went to my favorite local winery…I guess it’s a winery; they make all the wine there but it’s setup more like a wine bar. It’s great there and I love the owners. They have awesome wine and food. We all sat around drinking wines and eating appetizers. My friend Megs aunt was in town from Cali and she got drunk – we loved her because she fit right into our group.


After all the wine we headed over to a new local restaurant that just opened.

Saturday we had to get up and go over to Megs house; she was moving and I volunteered Hubs to help carry shit. I carried some stuff too but mostly I saying at her old apartment and cleaned while the kids played. After that I didn’t feel like doing anything. I went home and took a nap. After Roo went to bed Hubs and I watched a movie.

Sunday is my cleaning day. I’ve been a bad girl and I haven’t been to church in a few weeks. Well I didn’t go this week either! In the morning Roo and I cleaned up the house. Hubs sleeps in because he works night but when he got up we all went to go see Astro Boy. It was alright. Roo really liked it but I enjoy the funnier kids movies.

So that’s just a bit of what we’ve been up to. Oh and I darkened my hair back up too; fall is here and it was time. I’m going to try to leave it alone until spring but we’ll see!





1 comment:

calicobebop said...

OMG - I LOVE that picture!! I can not tell you how often I've seen that face on my own daughter. I hate waking her from a nap because that is exactly what I'm going to get.

Sounds like you have been busy having fun! That wine bar/winery sounds great!